Thursday, August 13, 2009

Working on my Ice Queen

Without a camp game to post in my blog and my kit already sent to Hermione and received, I'm at a loss for what to post in here this week! I guess I could always talk about my knitting, huh? I have been working on an Ice Queen for the past two days, and I'm pleased to say that it's going well after a false start.

You know when you're knitting on circular needles and the pattern says "join for knitting in the round being careful not to twist the stitches"? Well, guess what? I twisted the stitches. Isn't that the dumbest mistake to make? There's no fixing it either - you have to start everything over!

Luckily, I didn't get too far into the project before I realized what I had done and frogged it. I'm using Rowan Kidsilk Haze for this cowl, so having to do this could have been a disaster, but the yarn unraveled very nicely for me. Everything is going well now.

What are your stupid crafting mistakes?

1 comment:

  1. For circular knitting projects I cast-on using 2 straight needles held together. Then I work that first row onto the circular and join it by slipping the last stitch and knitting it together with the first. It's how I always start my socks.

    ReplyDelete